Friday 27 February 2015

Retail Therapy

When you have a long term chronic illness, sometimes it feels like there is no light at the end of the tunnel.  I have days where I feel like I'm imprisoned inside this broken body and there's nothing I can do about it.

Today, I was in a considerable amount of pain.  I haven't yet decided whether I was being brave or stupid, but I packed my handbag with snacks and pain killers and went off for a little retail therapy.

I don't treat myself very often, but occasionally I realise just how much I've put up with over the last 15 months.  So today I decided it was a treat day.

My energy levels (or lack thereof) mean that I can only really manage going to one shop, but one shop was all I needed.

Smoove Reworked Vintage is an absolute gem of a store and if you haven't been, you really should.  They were in little High Street but are moving to Ponsonby over the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.