Saturday 28 February 2015

Oh Boy - what next???

If you are squeamish or don't like graphic descriptions, it might be a good idea for you to press the back button and read a different post on my blog.  :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't believe this.  I've been on the new pills for just over a week now and they have actually made the pain a lot worse!  What did I do to deserve this?  You take medication on the advice of a Doctor in the hope that it will help (or at least not give you too many nasty side effects) and then it just doesn't.  It's gotten so bad now that I have had to break out the Ibuprofen (which doesn't help much anyway) just to get me through the day.  This means that  things are really bad because I have quite a high pain threshold and can usually put up with quite a lot without taking any meds.

To get it out of my head, I am going to describe the excruciating pain that I am in here.  This is the best way I have thought of to accurately describe how this pain actually feels to me, so here goes...

It feels like someone has split my lower abdomen open with a sharp knife, thrust their hand inside and is trying to grab hold of my internal organs and pull them out through a small slit.  

That sounds like I'm exaggerating, but trust me, I wouldn't make something like that up.

The fact that I get side effects from pretty much every medication I have taken used to bother me, but now I just put up with it.  However, I was definitely not expecting pain this excruciating to turn up.

Don't feel like I have much left in my Bravery & Strength reserves any more, but I'm going to try to keep going and keep fighting this until I am well enough to get on with my life!

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment.